Last Updated: 12 Feb 2015
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying algorithms of all or any part of the Service (except that this restriction shall not apply to the limited extent restrictions on reverse engineering are prohibited by applicable local law);
- modify or create derivatives of any part of the Service;
- rent, lease, or use the Service for any commercial purpose;
- remove or obscure any proprietary notices on the Service;
- use the Service for any unlawful purpose;
- access any Alice product or service not explicitly permitted by these terms;
- send unwanted messages or emails (i.e., “spam”) to Alice’s users;
- use domain names or web URLs in Your username without Our prior written consent;
- interfere or disrupt the Service in any way; or
- access the Service via any automated means including without limitation scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers, or scrapers.
As between the parties, Alice shall own all title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Service, and any copies or portions thereof.
In the event You submit any information to the Service (such as during the registration process), You represent and warrant that You have full right and authority to do so – and that such information is complete and accurate. You are responsible for all activity that occurs on Your Service account (and You must not share Your log-in details with anyone).
- For all Your Content, You hereby grant Alice a license to translate, modify (for technical purposes, for example making sure Your Content is viewable on mobile devices as well as a computer) and reproduce and otherwise act with respect to Your Content, in each case to enable Us to operate the Service, as described in more detail below.
- If You store Your Content in Your own personal Service account, in a manner that is not viewable by any other user except You, You grant Alice the license above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute such content for the purpose of making it accessible to You.
- If You share Your Content only in a manner that only certain specified users can view (for example, a private message to one or more other users), then You grant Alice the licenses above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute such content for the purpose of making it accessible to such other specified users. Also, You grant such other specified users a license to access that content, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Service.
- If You share Your Content publicly via the Service and/or in a manner that more than just You or certain specified users can view, or if You provide Us (in a direct email or otherwise) with any feedback, suggestions, improvements, enhancements, and/or feature requests relating to the Service (“Feedback”), then You grant Alice the licenses above, as well as a license to display, perform, and distribute such content and Feedback for the purpose of making it accessible to all Service users, as well as all other rights necessary to use and exercise all rights in that content and Feedback in connection with the Service and/or otherwise in connection with Our business for any purpose. Also, You grant all other users of the Service a license to access such public content, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Service.
User Content Restrictions
- You have all necessary rights, licenses, consents and waivers to grant all of the rights and licenses You grant above,
- Your Content does not violate any laws or regulations, and
- Your Content does not infringe or otherwise violate any third party rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, and the rights of publicity and privacy).