Here for you.
See Steph and Brad there? They’re real Alice team members. They and their team are here to help you.
We’ve got answers.
What is alice?
what is pre-tax spending?
how much can my employees save?
Which of my employees are eligible?
All W-2 employees are eligible from their first day of employment. Alice works for full-time, part-time, seasonal, and temporary employees.
All employees are eligible for pre-tax spending.
how does alice help employers save money?
Can you explain the math using a real-world example?
Using two examples, let’s see what this will mean for you and your employees.
Example 1: Sarah
- Sarah commutes via the train, spending $121 on a 30-day transit card. That works out to $4.03 per day which is $1,472.17 per year
- Sarah’s marginal tax rate is 35%. By paying for transit with her debit card that she connected to Alice, she will save 35% of the $1,472.17 she spends to ride the train.
- Pre-tax spending with Alice puts $512.40 back into her take home pay each year.
Sarah’s employer doesn’t have to pay the employer’s share of payroll taxes on the $1,472.17 she spent pre-tax. This results in a savings of $117.12 for the business.
Example 2: Jordan
- Jordan drives to work and pays $250 to park at the garage and parking meters near his office each month.
- Jordan pays for parking with his is credit card he connected to Alice, spending $3,000 pre-tax a year.
- His marginal tax rate (federal, state, local, social security, and Medicare) is 40%. Jordan’s take home pay will go up by $1,200 a year.
Jordan’s employer doesn’t pay the employer’s share of payroll taxes on the $3,000 he spends on parking pre-tax, which is $240 in annual tax savings for the business.
Now, imagine if you had 1,000 Sarahs and Jordans…
How does Alice detect eligible transactions?
Your employees connect their preferred credit and debit cards to Alice. Our technology automatically identifies eligible pre-tax purchases. Alice will text employees to confirm their eligible transactions.
Alice then updates payroll so pre-tax deductions are set before your payroll deadlines.
I'm busy. How much time does Alice take to manage?
How does Alice make money?
What guarantee do I have that our data is secure?
How do I enroll in Alice?
- Visit https://app.thisisalice.com/enroll
- Add your details.
- Answer a couple quick questions.
- Link your preferred debit and credit cards.
How does Alice help me?
How much can I save with Alice?
What expenses are eligible?
- Mass-transit (train, subway, ferry, etc)
- Parking (street parking, garages, etc)
- Ride-sharing (COMING SOON: UberPool, lyft via chariot van pooling)
- Child care (daycare, nannies, some pre-school)
- Adult care (includes transportation costs)
- Day Camp (summer, before school, after school)
- Eye care (glasses, contacts, vision exam, etc)
- Dental care (cleanings, x-rays, procedures)
- Medical expenses (doctor co-pays, coinsurance, etc)
- Prescriptions (mail order, pharmacy, etc)